Working at KIS
As a Kaluga International School teacher you will have an opportunity:
• to work with international children in small classes of 2 age groups together
• to work with a full-time qualified Teaching Assistant in your class fluent in English and Russian
• to complete relevant International Baccalaureate or Cambridge teacher training
• to work in a new fast growing international school and take active part in its development
• to perform a variety of roles and responsibilities
• to progress professionally and advance your career
About Kaluga International School:
Kaluga International School (KIS) is a new and unique school, embracing the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century, providing an outstanding educational experience for children aged 3 to 16.
KIS was created as a non-profit organisation with the support of the Kaluga Region Government, Renaissance Fund, parents and companies. Kaluga International School opened in 2012 with 2 students and 4 teachers and today it has 42 students and 12 teachers. The School’s Mission is to develop its students as active leaders in the global community, who are well educated and confident in their ability, and who can think creatively and make responsible decisions.
KIS is situated in the green surroundings of Voskresenskoye village, Kaluga region, in a state-of-the art educational facility. The school provides primary and secondary education in English through both Russian and international educational programmes with internationally qualified teachers.
KIS is an International Baccalaureate Candidate school for the Primary Years Programme, for students from 3 to 12 years old and is a Cambridge International School for both Middle and High school programmes for students from 12 to 18 years old. The school is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.